FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]
Old Jul 25, 2007, 4:53 am
sven60035

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
IC Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

So I have a booking for the IC (where I stay regulary) for August 13 for one night which they upgraded from a corp rate Club room to a King Club suite.

Trying to add a night online, I was unable, trying to do it with the Ambassador center I got told that it is impossible to add a day because the rate I have is not available the next day. I comment that I don't care and that they should please add something or if I should do 2 different reservations?

In short what happend is that the corp rate I have DROPPED in price by 20% on the 14 August and hence she could not give me that rate. So after her contacting the hotel I get told, that the reservation is now for 2 nights, I can keep the Club Suite but that I should be aware that

The hotel is currently undergoing a soft refurbishment of guest rooms.

Now beside the fact that I pay 20% more now the 2nd night (and fun is the old price for the 13 for a King is the new price for a suite on the 14)

who has stayed recently at the IC Bangkok and can give me more info about the Soft Refurbishment?

Any particular suite on the club floor I should hope for to get a refurbished suite, any restaurant changes?

Any advise is appreciated.