FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You ever caught someone in the security line?
Old Jul 23, 2007, 8:25 pm
caleo

Originally Posted by Bouncer
I just about tackled him. (It was actually a gov't laptop so I was err.. rather protective of the contents (nothing classified)). I was, I admit, loud in saying "TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF OF MY PROPERTY!" And the TSA screener and standby cop intervened in about one second flat.
Your location is "the big 'I'" (i'm guessing Iraq if it's a govt laptop) and your handle is "Bouncer," so I have a feeling you're not the shy, retiring type. Just out of curiosity, did this person look as though they had a death wish?

And I also try to hold off putting either my purse or my laptop on the belt until it's time for me to walk through the machine. My suitcase goes on whenever, but I guess i've seen one too many of those Dateline shows where a laptop is picked up by someone other than its owner.

(really hope I'm not setting myself up for something to happen before my flight tomorrow...)

The other place i think you have to be careful is on the buses. The parking lot shuttle lady took my suitcase off at the wrong terminal the other day. I hopped off, grabbed it and hopped back on. But my suitcase was thisclose to being left in the street at LAX.