FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Siam Paragon Shopping center
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:41 am
transpac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikew99
I happen to be in Bangkok right now on holiday, and I stumbled by chance right into the food court the Siam Paragon. This must be the biggest food hall that I have ever been to in any country.
I honestly think there are more food options at Central World but Paragon does offer a wide choice on the "G" level. The pre-paid food court is about average size for most malls here maybe a bit smaller than some, and the chains (MK, Oishi, Kobune, Fuji et al.) are universally represented. The post-paid food court is also quite good, almost equivalent to the ones at Central Chitlom and 'Fifth Ave. at MBK'. Just adjacent to the pre-paid Food Court there is an area that usually has weekly specials, focusing on a specific cuisine. Typically this is the best bet, IME. The supermarket at Paragon does seem to be the best.

Having spent the better part of the last four days at the cinema complex at Central World I'd have to say that it is as good as Paragon, with the exception of a massive theatre, but then the film festival is only using six of the theatres so the others are also crowded showing general release films. And I haven't checked out the other screens. Central World is not quite as chic (HiSo) as Paragon but it seems to be very popular. On Saturday and Sunday most restaurants seemed to have pretty long queues.