FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - two questions:
Thread: two questions:
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2001, 10:54 am
tfjim

lala,

I have also been curious about how the TWA miles will transfer over. From what I've read and heard at various sources, including this board, I believe that they will transfer based on the TWA standards. In other works, AA is not going to go back and check your individual flights to see if they should have earned 500 miles instead of 1,000. It's for this reason that I have continued to accumulate miles in my Aviators account as opposed to putting them to AA. Additionally, I don't think the TWA mileage accounting system is very sophisticated. There were earlier reports of folks being upgraded on TWA flights, accruing the miles to their AAdvantage account and receiving 1.5 Q-points. There also doesn't seem to be a distinction between discount and full-fare economy fares in that regard. Everyone seems to get 1 full Q-point for TWA travel. I don't know exactly how it's going to happen, but my guess is that when the transfer occurs, the AA system will see class flown as F (even though one upgraded) and accrue points/miles that way.