FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Whistler Resort & Spa, B.C. Canada 2006 on [Master Thread]
Old Jul 20, 2007, 7:55 pm
yeunganson

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Did I get screwed?

I am staying in this Westin Whistler hotel as we speak. I am a Plat member and it is my 1st time staying in this hotel. I don't know what to expect.

The Starwood Prefered Guest line was busy whenI wanted to check in so I went to the normal line which was empty. This was about 4:00pm - July 20th. I came here with a co-worker for a business trip. Booked a room with 2 beds for a price of $180.

The reservation clerk seems inexperienced (whe wasn't on the spg guest line). Didn't know about the Platinum welcome kit until I took it out of the key case and filled it out in front of her.

I was asked if I want a room with 1 bed suite upgrade. Answer was "no" since I was with a co-worker and two guys sleeping in 1 bed is not a good idea.

I was given a small room with 2 single beds in the 8th floor of the West wing. The question is this. Did I get screwed? Should I be asking for the 2 bedroom suite as other Plat members got or at least one of those Loft Suite?

Last edited by yeunganson; Jul 20, 2007 at 8:09 pm