FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SPG website -- pre-launch comments
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:01 pm
itsaboutthejourney
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by CPRich
To be honest, I suspect that not many other companies of Starwood's size have responded by saying "oh good, one of our millions of customers thinks he can tell us everything we need to know about our web site - let's invite him to all of our meetings and fully engage in everything he says" when such a proposition is made.
CPRich: your scarcasim aside, maybe you haven't followed my story in the this or other threads? They took me up on my offer to do a PowerPoint presentation. And the "gurus" on the call were at the VP, Director and Manager level in many areas of the web division. Just because I gave the presentation I did not expect to be invited to every meeting or propose to know everything. What I did expect was some sort of follow-up, and at least some engagement. I called & emailed them reminding them that the "spg.com issues thread" keeps growing without fixes or response by the "gurus" to no avail. I didn't even get referred to a low level tech or CSR person to help troubleshoot my own constant errors.

Then, about a month ago, I was finally given a look at the same finished pages that have been previewed/promoted but thats it, no real solicitation of feedback. Again, total missed opportiunity on Starwood's end.