FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Alpharetta {US-GA}
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:37 pm
SpaceBass

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Alpharetta {US-GA}

So I was staying in the DoubleTree in Alpharetta GA (about 30 mins North of Atlanta).... I stay there a lot, usually quite like it.
This time my room was a little less than wonderful. There were stains in the carpet and the drapes were actually dirty... I can live with "a little worn"... what really got me was the roaches. Around the sink/bathroom area I spotted at least two if not more roaches.

I reported it to the front desk who responded "are you sure, they were just cleaned"
To which I replied "well, I moved a bunch of the furniture looking for more of them and it looked like the room hadn't been vacuumed in months...and whats with the 100% humidity on the first floor?"

desk clerk "well...would you like another room?"
me: "that would be nice, something a on the 2nd or third floor please"
desk clerk "no problem..."
me: "I'm already late so can I move tonight when I get back?
desk clerk "no problem"

that night the new clerk gave me the room next door to Roach room, when I asked about a higher floor she said "I dont see a note about that in here".
It wasn't a question, it was just kinda 'thats not my problem'.

When I checked out, they forgot to consolidate the bills, so I went back to the desk to get the rest of the bill. They decided to remove one of the nights. I told them that only helped my (fortune 10) company who I'm sure could have afforded it, I asked if they could maybe give me a certificate or points or something. They could not.

I'm not really that grossed out about the roaches but the customer service just wasnt spot on either. I would think something like roaches would warrant at least an apology or acknowledgment from the manager, but every time I talked to them it was almost like they didn't believe me or didn't care....then they twice stuck a note under my door saying that guests would be contacted for a server and that they needed to get all 9's or 10's