FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fares on Virgin America
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2007, 12:34 pm
TonySCV

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by spikerjack
I have attempted to purchase a FC tix for mid-Sept (SFO-JFK) about 15-20 times since seeing the announcement of VA's go-live and have personally experienced the terrible web capacity planning they did..... Various loading problems, certificate errors, total site down issues throughout.

Still....for $798 to get paid transcon FC with their IFE is worth the experiment....

I have gotten to the "confirm purchase" button twice. Both times it said "processing" and then dumped me out to the main page - no email confirmation, seat assignment, nothing. No charge to my credit card.

I would love to hear if anybody actually COMPLETES a ticket purchase today. I haven't seen any evidence myself yet.

I am about to give up trying....

--Scott
I did... just call them! 1-877 FLY-VIRGIN (877 359-8474) They'll waive the $5 phone reservation fee if you mention that you were unable to book via the web. It's much easier that way.

BTW, in case you're worried that they can't actually fly yet... here's the deal re: refunds if they can't fly by the time your flight rolls around -

"Virgin America does not currently have authority from the Department of Transportation to operate the services for which your ticket is being issued. You may, upon request, cancel your ticket and obtain a full refund at any time before we start operations. If we have not started operations by the date of your ticketed travel, we will make reasonable efforts to arrange substitute air transportation for you, at a cost of up to 200% of your Virgin America ticket. If we cannot arrange substitute transportation for you, we will refund to you 200% of the price paid for your Virgin America ticket."

- T