FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Equity Award Chart
View Single Post
Old May 27, 1998, 10:11 am
MileKing
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I don't think the point is that TWA changed the rules. The point is they broke their promise. To say that other airlines have broken promises about "awards forever" is not necessarily true and even if it is, is that a reason for TWA to join the crowd? What kind of a business is content to say, in effect, that "our service is the same as the competitor's"? TWA should be aiming for top of the line service, not run of the mill service, especially given their financial situation. I can't speak to Continental's NIP decision, but as an AA flyer I recall the changes they made about 9 years ago. They promised to continue the old award structure "forever" alongside the new one. Today I have 50,000 miles on AA that will never expire and can be used to claim the old awards. They haven't broken their promise. TWA should take a lesson from the political sphere and recall what happened to George Bush after he broke his "no new taxes" promise. Enough said. Loyalty is a two-way street.