FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]
Old Jul 17, 2007, 7:15 am
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

I just returned from a one night layover at the hotel for a flight the next day to the US.

I just missed the evening hot items as we arrived at the lounge at around 8:30 PM and I was informed that they were removed at 8 PM -- this, however, was a Sunday night so YMMV. However, various cheeses, dips, breads, were available until closing. No desserts were later put out, but again, this was a Sunday night, so it may be different mid-week. Of course, all sorts of drinks were complimentary. Also, a huge glass bowl of Hopjes coffee candies available for guests -- and I took a handful as I had been introduced to these as a kid at my grandmother's house.

Was informed that I could not take stuff out of the lounge -- e.g. Cokes, etc. by next morning's attendant but evening attendant permitted this so again, YMMV.

Did not have breakfast in the Lounge as attendant advised that THE MORE EXTENSIVE BREAKFAST BUFFET DOWNSTAIRS IN THE RESTAURANT WAS AFVAILABLE GRATIS TO ALL MEMBERS WHO STAY ON CLUB FLOORS.

In addition to the usual scrambled eggs and bacon, there was veal sausage, lox (and when they ran out of this they replaced it with cooked and peeled popcorn shrimp), mussels, herring in mustard sauce, roast beef, various sorts of ham and sausage meats, various cheeses and breads, etc.

I saw one person make two sandwiches of some of the above and it appeared that they wer going to take it upstairs for use later in the day as lunch -- which I thought was a good idea, but as I was flying home, it was not useful to me in that instance.

Club Room was well air-conditioned and bathroom was clean, although the shower stall did leak water, and the floor had what appeared to be lipstick or red magic marker staining our rug -- it was not blood, of that I am sure. Two bottles of water and a tin of cookies were also provided gratis. One lousy thing was the stinky smelly awful pink Sheraton shampoo that was supplied as one of the toilitries. I have had much better stuff from 4 Points, no less!

Location can't be beat and it came in handy to pick up dinner salad from one of the restos in the airport, as well as proving helpful to allow us to change our tix the next day for a non-stop reward flight back home.

All in all, I would stay at this property again if the price point and bonuses were right, as this was still quite a pricey airport property -- but then again, many of the airport hotels and downtown hotels seem to be steepsly priced, and at least at this hotel, you do not have to pay for a ride to/from the airport on what you would normally would be a free shuttle bus ride offered by the hotel.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jul 26, 2007 at 7:33 pm