FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finally TG starts upgrading their seats
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2003, 12:17 pm
kv99

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alexwuk:

What? Delta BizElite is 2-2-2 on the 777s; which is wider than standard. Thai's new configuration will be 2-2-2.

The current 777-200 configuration on Thai is 2-4-2; which is amongst the worst around for business (Bearing in mind that BA's Economy plus on the 777s is 2-4-2). That's what we're complaining about. The new layout should more than suffice.

Regards,
Alex
</font>
Club World on BA 777s and 747 main deck are ALSO 2-4-2 across. Of course the directions reverse and they go flat which makes them different entirely from anything TG offers, but they are still quite narrow imho.

DL BizElite seats on the 767 are very narrow esp. compared with USAirways and United's business class product. Still, they go back quite a bit (160 degrees?) and are **** comfortable for those of us who aren't too big.

I think there's a lot of wasted space in the DL 777 BizElite cabin. The 2-3-2 config that United uses seems just as comfortable if you're not in the middle, esp. on their C+ planes.

Personally, I think TGs new Business class seats on the 330s are just fine, and are perfectly good for short-haul flights---they could just stick these seats on all their short-haul aircraft incl. short-haul 777s. Top priority imho is to fit all the longhaul planes, esp. the 747s, with nicer business class seats--again, I think the United Business seat is a great model.

[This message has been edited by kv99 (edited 08-15-2003).]