FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEFT MARCH 31, 2009: Palace Hotel, Copenhagen [Master Thread]
Old Jul 17, 2007, 5:24 am
AAEXP

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by BigBopper
It's a so so location in summer. Why? The same reason it's a good location. It's located on a main square. While the square is close to things like the Stroget, Tivoli Gardens and a short walk to the Round Tower and other sites it also gets large crowds when it's warm. Those large crowds are loud at night! With no air conditioning, you have no choice but to keep the window open. Also in the square (right outside the Ambassodor rooms) is the town clock which rings every 15 minutes from early morning until midnight.

Another downside about the location is the fact that large crowds leave big messes! I travel to Denmark regularly as my parent company is Danish. On my first trip there for an interview I remember thinking how clean, friendly and safe the city was. I took my wife and parents last July, stayed two nights at the Palace and all three complained the about the trash the following morning. Not to mention the 7 or 8 different drunks we saw urinating withing feet of the hotel!

Finally, the area directly next to the hotel has a 7-11, Ripleys Believe it or Not, Burger King and KFC. Not exactly classy!

I would also like to question the judgement of the renovations. They're starting with the least desireable wing (as told to me by the GM on my last stay). The last wing to be completed will be the area with the ambassador suites, lobby and restaurant. ... are you thinking???? Go from worst to best? Doesn't this punish your most loyal and highest paying customers?

On a positive note, I've heard from a colleague that the renovated rooms are fairly nice.
I could not have said it better myself ^