FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Boston Seaport District (was Westin Boston Waterfront) [Master Thread]
Old Jul 13, 2007, 9:15 am
prosen

Programs: starwood plat, delta plat
Beware the understaff Boston Westin Waterfront

Its a nice hotel, and its in very good shape. However I have now encountered a couple of problems that lead me to believe their front desk is a little understaffed.

(1) During peak check in times I usually see only 1 person attending the desk, leading to long often slow lines.
(2) They have lost or made an error when handling my reservations twice now. Most recently they thought I would be arriving Wednesday and departing thursday, when in actuality it was Monday-Thursday. The hotel was full, but they found a king. However they ended up billing me for more then my reservation one night
(3) Today I logged into my SPG account and they did not give me credit for the cost of my room! The plat amenity and what I spent on food was there, but not the room charges!

Now they are always willing to help fix these problems, weren't the least bit hesitant to agree to a little extra point compensation for my hassles either. However their office really does need to just try better at avoiding these difficulties in the first place.

Side note: The shrimp cocktail on their room service menu is really really excellent. Some of the largest and freshest shrimp I have seen in a while. The seafood cob salad is excellent too. GF has me on a low fat diet It has been a while since I have actually found thehotel food to be good as oppossed to merely tolerable.