FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sister could not sit next to her 4 year old
Old Jul 13, 2007, 3:27 am
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by frank3355
Yes, people who are so egotistical and self-absorbed that they refuse to help out others in need are indeed [jerks]. It is precisely these kinds of people that won't move on an airplane or a train or a bus for the parent struggling with 2 children or the 90 year old man with a cane that make society so unfriendly. You ask "Where does this sense of entitlement end?" This is what should be asked of all these people who only think of themselves.

I still however say that AA had the responsibility here to make things right when it became clear that somehow all the other F passengers were too selfish to help. AA should have fixed this at that point if not before.
Oh, nonsense. As the parent of a 2-year-old, I recognize that my rights do not trump the rights of fellow passengers just because I chose to have a child.

I would never pay for F, but there have been times where I've been upgraded and my daughter the lap child and I decided to downgrade ourselves by asking a person next to an empty seat to switch.

I'm sure someone in Y would've been thrilled to fly F. Did your relatives ask anyone in Y to switch?