FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SYD-AKL QF or LA
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:09 pm
nonce

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
I just did this trip very recently. Was a good choice as on the way over I was op-upped to P and had seat 2D which is the middle seat all on it's own. The seats are the old style recline flat seats (not suites) but comfortable enough. The J seats are a super version of the Dreamtime seat with additional recline and greater seat pitch.

Food was basic, a sandwich and fresh fruit on the way over, even in P and cereal or a sandwich for breakfast on return in J. The wine was excellent, staff friendly and this represents great value for money if you don't mind the early departure which I needed anyway.

Noise cancelling headphones in both P and J with PTV's. My plane didn't appear to have AVOD as movies where on a loop.

By far the pick over QF trans tasman J, especially for the $$$. Was late on the way over by 30min and late on the way home by 30min. This puts them in the same class as QF by my book for trans tasman. This was my first trip in an A340 which completes my set of now having travelled in every modern western widebody PAX aircraft (A300/310, 330, 340, 767, 777, MD11 and 747).

AKL domestic QC now has free wireless access and I got a ride on AirNZ due to cancelled JC flight. Gosh those NZ 733's are uncomfortable, don't understand how you NZ'ers put up with them.