FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Biz First vs Upper Class..CO better think twice before going to LHR
Old Jul 11, 2007, 8:18 am
CO 1E
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by Derrico
The service thing is what gets to me. CO is consistent in BF (at least in my experience) VS tend to serve food and then disappear. Sometimes they skip courses? On several flights they skip tea service or a snack. No explanation is given. I started just showing up in the galley and asking them to make what I wanted. Have been on westbound flights where four to five hours go by without an FA entering the cabin. Inexcusable really.. in business I shouldn't have to constantly look out for myself.

I think VS raises expectations on a lot of things they don't deliver. The inflight masseuse is one example. What a nice idea, however in all of my VS flights I have never been offered a massage. They take your request, but no one ever comes by. Perhaps you have to be VS elite to get one.
I've never experienced poor service in the manner described above by VS. Spotty service from time to time, yes, but not four hours without service. I'm also always surprised at the number of people who claim never to be able to get onboard massages - I'm not VS elite, and I have gotten a massage on every flight I have taken. I think they may prioritize by VS elite status, however, as on the day flights, I often don't get one until the last quarter of the flight (more people get treatments on the day flights).