FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time in JAL Business - Questions
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2007, 9:29 pm
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
First time in JAL Business - Questions

Hello,

I'm flying an award ticket in AA/JL Business next week. Our itinerary is as follows.

DCA-ORD (AA First)
ORD-NRT (JL Business)
NRT-ITM (JL Coach)

NRT-ORD (AA Business)
ORD-DCA (AA First)

After reviewing the JAL Guide, I still have one question concerning lounge access. We have three hours between the time that we arrive into NRT and the time that we depart for ITM. The guide mentions how there is a Sakura lounge in the domestic departures area, but will we be able to get into it since our onward segment is coach? We will have just come off a business segment, but I'm not sure how that works, and I doubt it will take us three hours to get through customs etc.

Also, in ORD, I had read a while back that the Sakura lounge was under construction and that business passengers were being directed to an Air France lounge - is that still the case?

We have no oneworld status, so all lounge access will be based solely on this ticket. Any information that can be provided on the lounges that we will be able to access in NRT, and the quality of them, would be greatly appreciated. This is our first time in JL Business, so if there is any other information that might be helpful, feel free to pass it along! We are already in the upper deck for the ORD-NRT flight, which I decided to try out after reading the seating thread here.