FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2007, 3:21 pm
cepheid

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by jonathanl
So do cans last longer, since there is no sunlight?
In principle, they could, but cans are more subject to thermal fluctuations because of the metal... the benefit is that they cool down quickly in the fridge, but at the same time, they're more affected by temperature variations during shipping and storage, as well.

I've also experienced some cans with a distinctly metallic (and rather disgusting) flavor, whereas I've never had that experience from a plastic bottle... perhaps the cans were just improperly stored, don't know.

Originally Posted by KWShark
If you start seeing regular packaging again, it is a good sign the program will not be extended.
I agree with that.

Originally Posted by bob12403
I drink Diet Coke regularly, and I find it always starts tasting "off" no more than a week past the date on the package.
Maybe I just have no taste. I wonder if the same would be true about the Splenda-version of Diet Coke, however, since sucralose and aspartame react differently to environmental conditions.

Originally Posted by rrgg
I recently opened some old Coke Zero cans and noticed they have a lot less flavor than fresh cans.
Coke Zero has a different formulation than Diet Coke, so one of the other chemical differences may be to blame for that rather than the aspartame. Of course, this is just conjecture, I have not run this through an analysis. (Nor did I get my hands on the super-secret recipe that two employees were recently found guilty of stealing.)