FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Soft" HON privileges gone...
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:59 pm
tcswede

Tough one - so and so experiences...
Last week in TXL on the way to STR in T on the 19:35. Was in time for the 18:35 - but was told € 200 plus for change - fine no problem.
Then the earlier flight turns out to be just about an hour late plus. Good I did not spend north of € 200. Then at 18:45 it shows that my flight equally will be late - I went to the podium to ask if that was for sure - saw it on the homepage arrival information. The lady confirmed that - and said wait - there are a few seats left on the earlier one - so she calls the gate and gets me on that one - in the end 0 min home earlier than expected ^ Kudos - great service.

Sitting right now in the FCT on the way to BKK - rather than driving up from STR -I took the connector - only Y fare available - end up on window is second last row - further front nothing available anymore with checkin an hour early.... Drink service aborted after first few rows of Y for lack of time...
Get to FRA 40 min late - go to F checkin area to get my BP - no more red - knew that - am simply given a plain BP - no envelope. She then tells me I still have time before the flight and on to the next pax - no would you like assitance with transport to the FCT. Walk over - am greeted by a chap - give him my plain BP - and he demands my card - I ask him whether it is neccesary - yes he needs to check if it is expired - I tell him that it should not matter as it still is a F BP - no dice.
Going through security - extremely friendly and polite ^ - LH should get those guys to run the FCT - as after 20 min waiting - I decide to go to the bar to get something to be further ignored for 10 min. Now I am waiting for my PA to tell me the flight is late - has been showing for 20 min now...

The FCT is certainly far away from the start.

On a side note for entry - do not go to the FCT if LH invites you to an event and your BP shows P1 - which in my case was R class as staff travel to come to FRA to fly the 747 (simulator) - great experience - actually absolutely fantastic ^^
but when going back to STR - I was sent away as staff has no admission - despite giving the PA the card - and it being confirmed that staff does not have the card....

So hit and miss - but overall the soft priviledges that I cherish most work still as a charm

Cheers

Thomas