FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Soft" HON privileges gone...
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:24 am
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
"Soft" HON privileges gone...

There are some "hard" privileges for HON, those that are listed in the "rule book", such as 24 hour booking guarantee, access to FCT, and so on.

I also remember how just one year ago there were also numerous "soft" benefits, but they all seem to have gone now:
  • Whenever I flew in Y and the seat next to me was occupied, they invited me up front in C. Never had that again (having said that, only very few Y flights since this year)
  • After boarding, Purser walking up to me + addressing me by name, asking if I need anything. LH doesn't do that anymore, LX does
  • When traveling with wife (earned SEN), me in C and she in fully booked Y, in the past they would have upgraded her. Now my request to "sit together" results in downgrade for me
  • When running a little late and security line is long, some LH staff would usher me trhough security (CDG, MUC for instance). No longer

No major things, I only notice how LH staff's enthusiasm has waned. Maybe too many HONs, or maybe a return to what is in German's genes: no extra service unless written down in a rule.