FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I battle the Dulles RCC matron- you know who won! [Merged Threads]
Old Jul 8, 2007, 11:56 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
while i agree at the rcc agent was wrong, i can see exactly where the situation when south and then i'm going to pose a question

where it went south:

lucky: Hello
Agent: (It is worth adding she was actually friendly and smiling) Go ahead.
lucky: Thank you, could we please get some drink chits as well?
Agent: You are flying All Nippon, they have their own lounge, and you would only get chits there.
lucky: (put the rules on the counter) Ma’am, that’s not what the RCC admit profile says. Would you mind reading that please?

folks, i have been in a front line service industry for 30 years and from an employee's side, the millisecond anyone starts flouting rules (whether they have the right rule or not or they are interpreting the rule correctly or not), the employee (or person being told what the rules are) IS going to get defensive. it's a natural reaction folks, and the key is to look at the situation with calm so it does not escalate. this situation escalated when it didn't and shouldn't have had to.

now the question i want to ask.....should this woman be fired? some of you have posted "yes". folks first off, it is only a drink ticket. yes, procedure wasn't followed but what if.......

this was an exemplary employee who got told by hubby that morning "i want a divorce" (or what ever bad thing you wan tan be inserted here). i'm not making excuses as something (and in this case, the rcc drink chit procedure at iad) needs to be fixed-i'm just saying that you need to look at the whole situation.

is it worth someone losing their job over this-would you want to be the one to lose your job if it was you instead of her? i have read too many posts saying "off with her head" waaaaay too quickly. if you truly think this woman should be fired, over a bloody drink ticket then write the letter demanding she be fired (n.b. demanding vs should).

just my 2 hockey pucks.

Last edited by goalie; Jul 8, 2007 at 12:11 pm