FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ever been paged in the AC to work out a seat swap?
Old Jul 4, 2007, 9:55 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Teacher49
Color me very . Perhaps you did not "have someone paged" if so, please forgive me if it would have been more accurate to say "someone on behalf of whom an AAngel -quite on her own, mind you, with no request expressed or implied by the poster, and there is absolutely no evidence, not even a hint of an indication that said poster would ever have initiated such a request themselves - paged another pax to successfully effect a seat swap in the AC on behalf of said poster".
Actually, the AAngel doing it on her own is very different from requesting it. I would never request that anyone be paged at the AC for something like this since it can be handled on the a/c (and I usually do that). Also, if you read my first post on the subject, you'll see that I suggested that it was more likely that the member had not checked in yet, so was asked upon check-in rather than being paged to the desk. Basically, such a non-issue to me that I don't recall the details, and posted as such.

But feel free to make things up in interpreting my post to make your point

Also, as I said, I'd have no problem with being paged, and would gladly swap seats in a tit-for-tat situation. Of course, if I'd ever been paged for an emergency, I might well feel differently, and I can surely appreciate the comments of those folks and their feelings. Not an over reaction in those cases, to be sure ^

Cheers.