FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Penalty Box
Thread: The Penalty Box
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2007, 6:53 pm
Anglo Large Clawed Otter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
Can this thread be made "Sticky"
Oh, it's far too early for that. I think the thread would benefit far more from a roiling debate over whether it should be stickied or not. This debate should, ideally, play out over the course of several months, peppered with brief interludes and non-sequiturs regarding the relative merits of various Belgian-Style Ales, risk-benefit analyses regarding investment in Chad, and whether people sporting "soul patches" should be permitted entry to the President's Club.

I, for one, having begun sipping ale in earnest, have chosen (arbitrarily, of course) to come out against stickyfication by virtue of the aforementioned Cigarman Postulate. Naturally, my inclinations are subject to sway or change based upon unsound principles of dubiously persuasive debate, or even outright obfuscation or redirection.

Also, though this thread most definitely (in the opinion of some) might lean to the OT, please bear in mind the admonition contained in post 1 (and reiterated by our benevolent leader, xyzzy), that we are at all times (here, at least) subject to FT's TOS. The only thing worse than a sticky thread is a locked one

Whether or not this thread is actually OT, or whether it is instead a tangentially topical thought-exercise that explores the personalities of the various contributors to the CO Forum is a wholly separate issue, and worthy of the term "meta."

Of course, this could all just be meaningless, and I could just be a bloviating gasbag.