FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ever been paged in the AC to work out a seat swap?
Old Jul 1, 2007, 3:48 pm
Teacher49
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 3mm Plat
Originally Posted by sts603
I think the agent saw an even trade and wanted to accomodate the issue before the crush of boarding time hit.
I am only wondering if anyone else has been paged in the AC for a seat swap.

Telling the whole story is just my way of dealing with a bit of insomnia on the road.

These things are routinely done on board or when both passengers are present. I am clear that it was completely inappropriate. I am comfortable that I did not over-react. I merely stated my view that it was not the right thing to do.

Originally Posted by christep
Personally I reckon your reaction was completely over the top for a perfectly reasonable request.

If you really are a teacher do you often find your pupils in tears as well? And is that also entirely their fault?
Whoa,there big fella. You are making a couple of big leaps not supported by the facts:

The AAngel, the head GA both explicitly agreed with me it was inappropriate to send a passenger off to find another passenger. The third GA present indicated that she thought her colleague was off base by her behavior. I asked for nothing and was offered two different kinds of "compensation" for "your kindness." I was not being placated because I had already worked out the swap and the issue of the page was no longer being discussed when the offers were made.

Yes, I am a teacher ... of adults.

No, it is not often that someone who has reached the age of reason tries to manipulate/distract me with tears. When someone does cry genuine tears, I do try to find a way to help or comfort them. I am not the boogie man of your imagination.

No one, not even she, accused me of being inappropriate or of behaving badly in any way. She did not have the good grace to simply say, "I am sorry for bothering you." She whined that the people in the AC did not like her and were telling untruths about her. As the pax later corroborated, she was lying

The senior GA, btw, said it should never have been done, that it was incorrect.

If I have spared another person resting, reading or working from having to roust themselves do the job of a GA I am happy. I do not think that woman will pawn a bothersome passenger off and onto another passenger again.