FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CL age restrictions in London Marriots?
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2007, 8:39 pm
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
CL age restrictions in London Marriots?

I'm currently booked at the Renaissance Chancery Court for 4 nights w/ my husband and 13-year-old son. I chose it because 1)it was available as a standard reward, 2)it's supposed to be great, and 3)it's convenient to the tube. I wrote to the hotel and was informed that they have an age limit of 16 for admission to the CL. I asked if I would be able to carry breakfast to my son (some hotels restrict what one can remove from the CL), and I was told that would be fine. I was also told we could dine in the restaurant, but it was not clear if this would be free (it's not included in the standard reward). I'm not about to pay $40 a head for breakfast!

I'm now considering switching to the Marriott County Hall because my son would enjoy the pool and location, and because rooms have just become available. If we get upgraded to a balcony room as I did in May, it would be fantastic. The downside is the less central location and longer walk to the tube. Given that I cannot depend on an upgrade, I'm trying to figure out if there are any additional reasons to opt for County Hall. One big one would be if the CL admits all ages. Does anyone know if this is the case? If not, does anyone have e-mail contact information for County Hall?

Also, if anyone has a sense of the relative upgrade odds for a Thurs.-Mon. stay in August at these two hotels, that would be helpful. I could keep both reservations and choose at the last minute based on upgrade availability, but that seems rude to others looking for standard rewards stays.

Thanks in advance for your help.