FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Got a little annoyed
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:04 pm
CX100Silver

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Gold / Hilton Hhonour Diamond / Starwood SPG Gold / CX Former Gold, now Green
Got a little annoyed

Hi all,

I am CX MPC Gold and gf is Silver, so one Sapphaire and one Ruby. Just had very short return flights with JAL SIN-KUL-SIN on JL721 and JL722.

Got annoyed a little on lack of training or coordination between OW and newly joined member JAL.

1) Although pretty short flight, I wanted to do ASR anyway. Rang JAL reservation, they said the seatmap is not open for ASR. So, could not do ASR...

2) Check in SIN-KUL. JAL lady could not even recognise the simple "OW logo and the sapphaire colour" on MPC card. So, did not put priority baggage tag on check in bags, then pressed the button, the bags had gone onto the belt and "bye-bye" bags. She did not give me the lounge voucher for me and my gf until I asked (and she had to double check with manager if I can have lounge pass with MPC Gold).

3) Check in KUL-SIN. The lady recognised MPC Gold = OW Sapphaire, which is nice. Sticked the prioirity baggage tags on my checked bags, which is good. Then, the lady said she can only offer 1 lounge pass for myself, because Sapphair can bring NO guest, only Emerald can bring 1 guest.

These are little things only and I'm certainly not angry about it. Just got a little annoyed...

I mean, how difficult is it to understand the OW logo and the colour of Red, Blue or Green on OW frequent flyer card??? God knows...