FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to Bangkok Eating: Restaurants, Street Food and More
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:38 pm
transpac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paladin
The WSJ article makes all those places sound great. Has anyone tried any of them, specifically the Rut and Lek seafood place?

Off to BKK tomorrow, well, later today!
I finally went to Rut & Lek Seafood last night and can give it a huge recommendation. This restaurant, and its competitor, T&K on the opposite corner, set up in the late afternoon on the sidewalk. It can be quite hectic, and the wait for a table lengthy; I noticed nearly 50 people waiting for seats last night. Look to one of the 40+ employees, likely attired in a color-of-the-day polo shirt, to get you into the informal seating queue.

It is located on the corner of Yaowarat Road and Soi Pha Du Dong (aka Soi Texas) in front of the Broadway Hotel. So if heading up (northwest) Yaowarat Road on the right-hand side, not too far from Hua Lamphong train station.

It's a bit like No Signboard food-wise, for those familiar with that restaurant in Singapore, with every type of fresh seafood available. We had barbequed shrimp, pork-stuffed scallops also BBQed, chinese-style stir-fried pepper crabs and fresh oysters. Everything was great.

edited, June 26, 2008: I went to Rut & Lek recently (I go ~ once per month) and it happened to be a Monday so no street-side vending. Was directed to Rut & Lek's indoor restaurant, down the soi opposite on the left. They have a dining room upstairs, with air-con so a different type of environment, which I now prefer.

Last edited by transpac; Jun 26, 2008 at 4:32 am