FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Gold worth it?
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2007, 8:16 am
Dave Marsh
Suspended

Originally Posted by snowmilky
I did get in to the lounge, but I picked up more that 2 bottle water. I recalled I took 4-5 cans of soft drink, some snack, etc. Put all of them in my computer bag and I met Mrs Snowmilky outside. They just watched me doing all these. Ha ha. BTW, it is the KA lounge.

Right after that I called MPC to complaint about this rule. The supervisor said they will review the policy. I bet it won't get changed soon.

Going back to whether it worths the time and money to do a mileage run to get to the gold status, it really depends if there is any additional listed beneifit that you can take advantage of. If you simply hope that you will be op-upped (unlisted beneifit?) more often after you reach the gold tier, you may be disappointed.
I really don't know what the f people are thinking these days, since when did opups = an official benefits of MPO. I am sure for the majority of the members they do appreciate the opup, but I have noticed recently there is a surge of people keep on DEMANDING opups and make it sound like CX owes them this benefit.

Also as for the above conduct, all I can say is that it makes me feel shameful to be in the same club. You have absoultely NO basis of complaining. Rule is that only urself can get into the club. ALSO CX is the most accomodating airline in Oneworld allowing their own Ruby members to have access into the lounge! No other Oneworld airlines have lounge access for the eqv membership.