FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Whistler Resort & Spa, B.C. Canada 2006 on [Master Thread]
Old Jun 23, 2007, 9:48 am
marinersdave

Programs: VA Platinum / QF Platinum
Originally Posted by Christian
I've had much better service from them direct...
Good luck!

x2

For 21-JUN-2007 through 23-JUN-2007, I had a problem at the Vancouver Four Points Airport property (as documented in the appropriate thread) and decided to go to Whistler for the rest of the weekend instead. I checked availability on SPG.com, no rooms. I called the main SPG reservations number, no rooms. I called the hotel directly, plenty of rooms! I was able to get two rooms for two nights even though the website and main reservations center showed them full. Stuff like this really devalues the main portals Starwood wants to drive customers towards, and it creates a hassle where you have to check availability with multiple sources. Also, we have no way of knowing if we got the "best price" guarantee.

The hotel is awesome. Big rooms, lots of wood and marble, Heavenly beds, fireplaces in rooms (Jr. Suite), friendly service. Take this as a complaint of the Starwood reservations system and not necessarily the hotel itself.

Like the poster above said, call this hotel directly for the best information.