FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels in Beijing re: vicinity of St. Regis
Old Jun 22, 2007, 1:20 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Hotels in Beijing re: vicinity of St. Regis

I'm going to Beijing next week on business (so tourist considerations don't matter) and it so happens that some of my meetings are walking distance from the St. Regis Beijing. Right now it seems the best rate available there is about $330/day net, about $100/day more than my expense account allows. So two questions:

1. Anyone know of any good, reliable hotel sites that might get me a lower rate there? And would I still get Starwood points?
2. In the alternative, how far is the Westin from the St. Regis in terms of the ease or hassle of getting to the St. Regis neighborhood? The Starwood site map puts it just a kilometer away. But I realize that traffic, pollution and summer swelter could make a walk or taxi ride over there more problematic than it might seem from the map. Is the Westin nevertheless an easy place to be in terms of getting to the St. Regis neighborhood and around town? What about the Hyatt? (As you can tell, I'd like to make some points off the trip.) Any other good hotels near the St. R that are cheaper than it is?

Thanks for any info.