FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Early Renewal - How to avoid waste?
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2007, 5:40 pm
kaka
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fakecd
2 things.

First: I hear your miles aren't "wasted". Yes those 20,000k will not be recorded officially, but say in case your next year's qualifying mile is 40,000, they will consider this "20,000 extra" you gained this year, and my extend you gold requalification. It's unofficial, it's not gurantteed, but it has happened to others I hear. Or say you only fly 15000 next year, they may extend you Silver based on this. It's an recurring issue but there's unofficial policy in place.

Second: I'm really surprised that MPC staff suggested you remove MPC#. It's a dirty trick that's talked about here and elsewhere, but for CX to suggest this to you, is beyond my comprehension. Oh well, again, the trick is keep the MPC# in your records, but just prior to boarding (when op-ups would have been processed anyways), ask them to remove the FFP number from record, and get a new BP not showing the #. If you are lucky enough to be op-upped, they would have finished all seat-allocations so I doubt they will "cancel" the op-up after you remove ur MPC#.

A note though, if you remove ur MPC# at check-in and you are given op-up, the agent will say you no longer qualify for op-up, and literally give you Y-bpass instead. So trick is wait until flight is closed, say 30min before departure.
As dirty tricks are concerned... ive got a LHR-HKG and connecting to HKG-TPE on BR. Is it possible to get a redemption ticket, get the lounge pass, arrive HKG, pick up luggage, call MPC to change dates, check in with BR, use CX lounge, board BR flight?