FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Money-No-Object: Phuket or Koh Samui?
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:29 pm
xracer

There are two beach villas at the FS, but neither of these is actually directly on the beach. They are priced differently than the regular villas. One beach villa (this is the one I stayed in) is only accessible from the beach, but you have to walk up about 60 steps to get to it. The other beach villa is further up (about 100 steps or so). From both villas you have a great view of the water and beach and easy beach access (well, if you consider 50 or 100 steps 'easy').

Actually, in some ways, I liked the beach villa here more than traditional 'on the beach' beach villas, because you could hang out on the deck or in the private pool (which is HUGE) and not be seen by anyone on the beach, but still have a great view and beach access.

The other villas are all further up the hill and while they may not be that far from the beach in a horizontal direction, they are in a vertical one. Also, with these other villas, you will probably not be able to walk to the beach because of the steepness involved. Yes, the resort is very vertical and buggies really are needed.

I thought it was a wonderful place and there was a nice, clean, private beach (but it was not huge), with clear water. However, having said that, it is probably more of a jungle resort that happens to be on a beach rather than a beach resort.

I have not been to the Evason Samui, but to me the main difference seems to be in the desgin. Evason Samui (like all Evason resorts) is VERY rustic. If you like that look and feel, then that is probably a better choice. FS is sort of luxurious modern Thai, and is anything BUT rustic.

Last edited by xracer; Jun 19, 2007 at 5:35 pm