FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:51 pm
nldogbert

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Anyone have a recent stay at this property? I am gold and curious if they have any benefits for gold. Also from the previous posts there is a gym but a charge, can anyone confirm? Just curious of any recent experiences.

I like this hotel for a couple reasons, refurbished rooms, web site advertises free HSIA in each room and the limousine bus stops at the hotel.
Just came back from a weekend stay. As a Gold, you will get your upgraded room, late check-out if requested. Other than that, nothing else. You have to becareful that not all rooms are refurbished. During one of my stay, I was upgraded, I had a spacious room, but deco wise, it was really out of the 80's deco and furniture. Luckily it was a one night stay.

Yes, as a Gold, you still need to pay for the use of the gym/sauna facilities. No exception, I did ask but was told it will only be complimentary for Platinums.

There are free LAN connection, but becareful that speed can be rather slow at times. It really depends on the time of the day.

Other than that, do not expect much recognition as a Gold member. Staff as usual are very friendly. There are some nice shops in the area, but walking distances to the various tourist attractions can be a bit tiring with this hot weather.

If breakfast is not included in your rate, I think it is rather expensive to have it at the hotel, if I remember well, it is around 2000 Yen. Never had it, but I think it is one of the highest I have seen in Japan. There is a Seattle Best Coffee chain in the Uehommachi station. You can find a couple of eating places around the hotel.

Hope this info helps.