FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive London Airports Transport Thread
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:04 pm
zipadee

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by stut
At that time of day, I would go for one of two options:

1) Pre-book a minicab to collect you at LHR. Traffic won't be too bad at that time on a Saturday, so there's no real advantage to a black cab (which will be 2-2.5 times more expensive).

2) Tube, rather than HEX. If you've not much luggage, I would take the Tube to Barons Court, where you can easily switch to the District Line (no stairs, it's just on the opposite platform) to Victoria. Again, it won't be too busy at that time on a Saturday.

You could take the HEX and a black cab from Paddington, but really, it's not worth it (IMO - particularly for 2 or more people) vs the other two options.

What advice would you offer to someone arriving whose plane lands at 4:30 p.m. on a Monday at LHR and whose hotel is also near Victoria Station. We fly out of LGW also but into LHR so this particular advice I'm keenly interested in. You mentioned a mini cab for a Saturday night but how would a Monday afternoon in the middle of rush hour be (assuming we clear customs in an hour to 90 minutes) Would the tube/Baron's court/transfer ultimately be my best option? Thanks in advance

And what happened to the HEX and GEX discount coupons I use to always see but now that I need 'em seem to have vanished?