FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Filipino Food Thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:41 am
Sunnyhere

Programs: Star Alliance
The Filipino Food Thread

Since moving to sunny, southern Nevada ten years ago; one of my greatest pleasures has been meeting and befriending Filipinos. I work in the healthcare industry, which especially in Las Vegas, is chock full of Filipinos. I found myself dining with my Filipino co-workers, at first, at Thai restaurants.

Eventually, they wooed me into the many Filipino restaurants and I was hooked. At lunch, we generally hit one the many, many restaurants on Maryland Parkway. The food has always been delicious, the portions huge and prices rock-bottom. The only non-fast food restaurant I've tried is Salo-Salo. Quite often, I'm the only non-Filipino dining. I'm especially fond of adobo chicken, but I truly can't remember-don't know the names of most of the foods I've eaten.

Recently, Seafood City opened on Maryland Parkway. Inside the grocery are two new Filipino restaurants: Chow King and Jollibees. On opening day, it took one hour to order and receive our lunch. It seemed that every Filipino, in town, was there.

My Tokyo friend says he knows of only one Filipino restaurant, in Tokyo. Can this be true? Are there Filipino restaurants where you live?