FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton or Westin in Tysons Corner, VA
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2007, 9:24 am
Ak17

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by PMASON
Interesting comments about the Westin. I don't agree with the comments thus far. I find the Westin much nicer than the Sheraton. In fact, I have only had pleasant stays at the Westin. Although you can easily tell that it was a conversion property, it is still a nice choice for that general area. I typically frequent W and St. Regis properties and I didn't have a single issue with my stay at this property.
I definitely don't agree. I've stayed at the Westin and the Sheraton Premiere (often on consecutive nights) and have had many problems with the Westin. The Sheraton isn't the nicest Sheraton I've stayed in but it does have a very nice club lounge on the top floor whereas the Westin has no lounge or club floor making it difficult to have a quick breakfast. There is a coffee shop (Starbucks) in the lobby but it has an EXTREMELY limited selection of both coffee and food.

The last time I stayed at the Westin, I didn't even have hand soap in the bathroom and had to call to request it. I do like the decor but would pick the Sheraton without hesitation.