FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2007, 6:57 pm
ZeppoX

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Originally Posted by wma
I think the discussion here is great and value it, but it would be real nice to have a post near the top for bonus codes. Included in that post could be the code and the date when active, then when someone finds the code inactive, they could put inactive next to the code. Just a suggestion, thanks.

Btw I just tried putting in a code from my box of diet code and it said that code had already been entered and I just opened the box!!!
The only way to tell if a 10008 bonus code is inactive is to create a new account and try it. Even that might be unreliable because from some reports in this thread one might infer that codes get reactivated (and/or there are glitches that make them seem inactive for a time).

In addition, it sows confusion to post that a code is "inactive" when it does not work for an existing account. The reality is that the reason it did not work is that the account owner already used the code and just forgot -- plus the fact that MCR's error message in that circumstance is confusing.

So I strongly recommend against posting a conclusion that a code is "inactive" or "dead" and instead making a factual post that the code did not work at a particular time for a particular account -- or not post the experience at all.

In any event, all the 10008 bonus codes we know so far are listed here, with the best I can do based on info we have regarding their active/inactive status.

Last edited by ZeppoX; Jun 14, 2007 at 7:35 pm Reason: typos