FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Refuses Compensation for Canceled Flight
Old Apr 15, 2002, 10:05 am
J0HN

On Continental I used to fly the red eye LAX-Newark and then book the first morning flight into Syracuse. I had that morning flight cancelled due to "weather" related reasons 4 out of 4 times in a four month period.

The first time it happened I was informed before my flight left LAX the night before. The next flight of the day was cancelled also, and all 12 of the passenegers (from the first two flights plus the third flight of the day) that had been stranded at EWR got on the plane. There was definitely no weather issue at SYR (the sun was out and no snow--I spoke to people that said it was like that all morning), and the travel weather map on TV listed no weather delays throughout the country.

The solution for the remaining three "weather" delays: after landing in EWR I would hop on a plane into Boston and then go to Syracuse. 500 extra OnePass Miles, and I would always arrive within ten minutes of my originally scheduled arrival time.

[This message has been edited by J0HN (edited 04-15-2002).]