FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2007, 1:43 am
Travlynn

Programs: DL, AA, UA, AS
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I posit that Coke is aware that there are a number of people that have inquired as to when or if the Delta awards will be coming back.

In this forum, we have received conflicting information whether or not the Delta awards will be brought back, or brought back anytime soon.

At the same time, from the response of our bretheren, it seemed that the consensus was that the Priority Club awards were quite overvalued -- especially when compared to the Delta awards.

Indeed, I still feel this way, but with the DL awards MIA, at best, Coke may have reasoned that they may as well as cut the Priority Club awards as a way to both move them out of inventory, as well as to throw them as a sop to those who collect frequency rewards points/miles.

I may be wrong, but I do not think that there is any other such offeror of such currency in the Travel rewards section -- or even across the reward categories -- other than DL and PC.

So, that is my thinking in a nutshell.

I might be wrong, but if I am not, and these awards have a run on them, at least -- like the DL awards before them -- I was not lefting holding a bag of MCR points with nothing of interest to me left in their catalog!
I was one of the ones who emailed MCR to ask when DL rewards would return and after about 10 days, got this response:

Dear Travlynn,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the My Coke Rewards Loyalty
Program. Your question is very important to us.

We are currently out of stock of Delta rewards. We do not currently know
when they will return, but we do anticipate they will be available
again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. New rewards
will be added to the My Coke Rewards Loyalty Program in the near future.
Please be sure to check the website to see the exciting new rewards that
are being offered.

Should you need any additional clarification, or have any other
questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

My Coke Rewards Customer Service