FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2007, 8:04 pm
dhacker

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I posit that Coke is aware that there are a number of people that have inquired as to when or if the Delta awards will be coming back.

In this forum, we have received conflicting information whether or not the Delta awards will be brought back, or brought back anytime soon.

At the same time, from the response of our bretheren, it seemed that the consensus was that the Priority Club awards were quite overvalued -- especially when compared to the Delta awards.

Indeed, I still feel this way, but with the DL awards MIA, at best, Coke may have reasoned that they may as well as cut the Priority Club awards as a way to both move them out of inventory, as well as to throw them as a sop to those who collect frequency rewards points/miles.

I may be wrong, but I do not think that there is any other such offeror of such currency in the Travel rewards section -- or even across the reward categories -- other than DL and PC.

So, that is my thinking in a nutshell.

I might be wrong, but if I am not, and these awards have a run on them, at least -- like the DL awards before them -- I was not lefting holding a bag of MCR points with nothing of interest to me left in their catalog!
Maybe they're just running it like a retail operation. They discount the slower moving merchandise to move it off the shelves.

I could see them raising the price on DL miles if they restock them, based solely on how well they sold at the previous price.

I just don't buy the connection based on the mile/points categorization. It would be like not restocking a popular style of Levis because sales of Lees were sluggish and required discounting.