FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Screening at CVG - Tour of Facility
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:56 am
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Two things that always alarm the CTX: peanut butter & barbecue sauce. One civic minded mind FT'er asked aloud if we should always pack barbecue sause together in one suitcase. The less civic minded among us were thinking, "Peanut butter in every suitcase! Shut down the system!".
Most definately one can of peanut butter per suitcase

At MSP I can always get a gate pass for the WorldClubs on day's notice, and they are never SSSS'd.
The one time I received a gate pass was at EWR for World Club Access (was departing intl out of another concourse in 2), I was treated with the full haraSSSSment criteria. There was no "SSSS" on the BP; the EWR supervisor told me all gate passes are subject to extra security. Consistent inconsistency, but I wouldn't expect anything less at EWR.

They even confiscated my wife's 2 oz. bottle of hairspray because none of us had a baggie to put it in. I'm still trying to figure out how a baggie can contain the explosion resulting from such a critical mass of hair spray.
I saw that and rolled my eyes when the TSAer insisted it had to be in a one quart plastic zip-top bag. Dontcha feel much safer now?

If we had time, your wife should have re-claimed it, said it was going to be left with someone landside (then disappear for a minute), and re-enter with said hairspray in pocket.

Just prior to your wife going through, someone went through with a lighter in their shoe. I don't recall who it was, but it took them a second to step up and claim their belongings as everyone waiting got the "no lighters allowed, but you can take upto 4 packets of matches" lecture.

BTW: 3 Puffer Machines at the CVG main security checkpoint? Most I'd ever seen at one checkpoint is two until then.