FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with booking award ticket
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2002, 2:00 am
airoli

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Hallo Ulrich, willkommen bei FlyerTalk!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ulrich:
How does this affect my ticket? Will the LOT segment become invalid next year?</font>
I'm not quite sure on this one, but from what I understand you won't be able to get new tickets issued on LOT for use after 2002.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
- so I would like to ask you if a routing like this is generelly possible (depending on seat availability etc.):

MAD-BRU-HEL-LED and then return from SVO-ZRH-BRE
</font>
Yes.
Also, I would like to do a stop-over in ZRH and stay in BRU and HEL for as long (&lt;24h) as possible.
Is this possible?
</font>
If LED/SVO is your destination, you can stay there as long as you want. The same applies to the one stopover you chose, e.g. ZRH. In all other locations, you have to stay less than 24hrs.
Can I just call the Qualiflyer Service Centre and tell them the routing or do I have to provide the flight times as well?
I thought I would just ask to them to book me on the latest plane leaving BRU or HEL within 24 hours after my arrival there.
</font>
The Qualiflyer Centers are not used to this kind of routing (and perhaps even unfamiliar with the rules allowing them). It is highly advisable to completely plan your entire itinerary (flight times, numbers, connections etc.) before calling them. Also, have some alternatives ready in case one flight isn't available.

Please bear in mind that you can only use LX, TP, SN, AY and until the end of the year LO for this itinerary. Interlining with other partners such as TK doesn't work.
And finally, if I book a business class ticket, I understand that the service will not be very much different from economy class in most cases. Is it possible though to use not only the airport lounges of SWISS but of the involved partner airlines as well?
</font>
You can use the lounge of any airline you're about to fly the next C segment with at the airport you're leaving from (if they have a lounge that is).

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.