FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with booking award ticket
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2002, 1:30 am
Ulrich

Help with booking award ticket

Hi there,

I am quite new to Frequent Flyer Programs in general and would like to book my first award ticket.

Given that the future conditions of the SWISS TravelClub program regarding flexibility of the award ticket, mileage level required for award tickets etc. are very uncertain at the moment, I would like to book an award ticket now for use in July next year.

I have got a few questions on which I would like to hear your opinion:

It seems I can book an award ticket on LOT for use next year although they won't be a partner of the Qualiflyer program anymore then and thus most likely not of the SWISS TravelClub program.
How does this affect my ticket? Will the LOT segment become invalid next year?

I read here on the forum that my ticket can consist of up to 8 segments including one stop-over.
I am not really sure whether I understood this correctly - it seems a bit too good to be true - so I would like to ask you if a routing like this is generelly possible (depending on seat availability etc.):

MAD-BRU-HEL-LED and then return from SVO-ZRH-BRE
Returning from LED as well wouldn't be a problem.
Also, I would like to do a stop-over in ZRH and stay in BRU and HEL for as long (<24h) as possible.

Is this possible?
Can I just call the Qualiflyer Service Centre and tell them the routing or do I have to provide the flight times as well?
I thought I would just ask to them to book me on the latest plane leaving BRU or HEL within 24 hours after my arrival there.

And finally, if I book a business class ticket, I understand that the service will not be very much different from economy class in most cases. Is it possible though to use not only the airport lounges of SWISS but of the involved partner airlines as well?

Thank you very much!

Ulrich