FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss - Warning !!!
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2002, 12:42 am
f4free

I fly Swiss two to three times a month, and have had two similar technical problem situations. First of all, those things happen with every airline. I agree with you that the essential thing is how you are treated when something happens. In my case it was quite bad on one occasion and very professional and courteous service on another. One flight JFK-GVA left 4 hours late because of engine hydraulic problems. At the airport information and food / drinks (provided very late) were miserable. I got 100 CHF in vouchers when I went to the customer relations desk at ZRH airport next to the ticketing counter and a big sorry, which kept me flying Swiss. They are trying hard, and I give them two more years until a problem like yours is treated the way it should.

By the way - lucky you were not flying Egypt Air. You would've slept in the airport. (Happened to a friend of mine - 16 hours delay and sleeping in the airport with only one drink voucher free).

Unfortunately I don't know any airline that consistently handles such situations in a good way.