FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Bonus opportunity
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2007, 1:12 pm
spgaston

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by catdad
Telephoned Lather regarding my 5/9/07 purchase, the SkyMiles for which never posted. I actually transfered through to the individual in Accounting, who manages the Lather postings at SkyMiles.

She transmits one time per month. She thought the next transmittal to SkyMiles would be next week, which would be around the 8th of June. Lather purchases like mine, which occured 5/9 and later in May, will transmit to SkyMiles, showing the date of the transmittal in June. Simply put, my May purchase which should unquestionably qualify for the promotion, will post with a June transaction date to my SkyMiles account!!

Delta's tabulation of partner activity for this promotion covers April and May dates only, meaning that Lather activity in May (and posting with a June date) will not qualify.

I took the trouble to explain this to my telephone contact at Lather. She responded that SkyMiles allows her one field for a date. She does not have a field to enter a transaction date, then a separate field to enter a transmittal date. SkyMiles has instructed her to fill in the single date field with the transmittal date.

We will have to fight with SkyMiles later over the transaction date versus the posting date for these Lather purchases.

Once again, I am reminded of the early postings to this thread. These questioned SkyMiles capacity to run a promotion. I should think Lather is typical of quite a few partners, who also would have been specifically instructed by SkyMiles not to input the date of purchase/activity, but rather the date of transmittal. We are seeing that frequent transmitters like the rental car companies provide timely postings to SkyMiles. However, the infrequent transmitting partners like Lather (and, we are seeing, quite a few others) only purchase their SkyMiles once per month.

From the beginning, there was no way for these May transactions to post with SkyMiles with the requisite May dating!!!

This is all true but we discovered quite early on (in this thread) that this was going to be the case with Lather. I think it is only the SkyMiles incentives postings (of which we are only allowed one anyway) that have this issue.