FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Bonus opportunity
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2007, 9:11 am
flightline

Originally Posted by lin821
I guess I had better luck than you. I did the auto quote on 5/21/07 but no miles yet. Just called 30 minues ago, I told the CSR I did an internet quote a couple days ago and had some questions. He asked me for the quote # then told me right away he needed to transfer me to the internet support team. I didn't even have to ask!

The team member was very friendly and reviewed the quoted rate with me. I chatted with her and told her it was $30 more than my current policy. Then I asked her to verify my Skymiles # and the bonus miles. She told me my quote is in the system but the miles may take up to 12 weeks to be posted. I asked her nicely if there's a way to speed it up. She told me that everybody is trying to have their miles posted at this points so the system is backlogged. She also mentioned that Ameriprise forwards the requests to Delta on a weekly basis, so it's up to Delta how fast to post the miles.

The most important question I asked her was the date for the activity. She assurred me that it would be backdated to the actual day the auto quote was requested since that's how their system forward the info to Delta. So for those who already got your complete quote but not the miles, just be patient.

I think I am good with my 5K bonus Skymiles now!

I don't know about others, but the miles from my quote were NOT backdated. They were dated about 5 days after the quote was received online.