FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Sharing" business class seat
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2007, 8:08 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mary2e
You're going to see a lot of people discussing the "integrity" of the BF cabin. Well, both times I did it the small children in BF did more to disrupt the integrity of the cabin than anything my husband or I did when we switched seats.
I think there's a lot of erroneous usage of that term here. When CO talks about protecting the integrity of the BF cabin, they are talking about revenue integrity. If they were really trying to make the BF cabin a sanctuary from screaming children then they'd just ban kids under X years old outright. Of course that does nothing to protect the cabin from drunk obnoxious businessmen who like to defecate on carts.
By allowing two pax to purchase/upgrade into one BF seat and swap (once or repeatedly), they're missing out on the potential for two seat purchases/upgrades. So I can understand why CO might be inclined to disallow it.

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
I really hope the original poster is being facetious. ...

1. It's inconsiderate to the passengers in both cabins to be getting up unnecessarily.
Are you being facetious??? It's now "inconsiderate" to get up out of your seat?!? I could go so many places with this, but I won't.