FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is with the United Milage Plus Service Center??
Old May 30, 2007, 7:25 am
warreng24

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
My US post rate is about 90%. 100% would be nice.
Mine's been about 75% so far this year.

US really is the pits when it comes to reporting mileage. Things seem to usually post the Saturday after the flight. If in two Saturday's you don't see anything, its time to mail/fax in your BP's.

Also, to the OP. I always ensure that my name on the BP matches the name on my ID. TSA folks are stupid. I don't want the hassle. I use my middle name a lot. However, I always have my full name on the BP's, as it matches my ID. Hence, my UA MileagePlus name is also my full name.

So, if the OP wants to go by Bob instead of Robert, perhaps consider changing the name on your MP account to Bob? And then consistently ensuring that your BP says Bob. You can always request the name correction at the counter upon Check-In.

It has also been reported that the "auto-generated" letters from MP are abnormal. For instance, four times so far this year, I've had to fax & mail in my BP's to MP. All four times, I got a letter saying that the mileage claim was denied (due to whatever reason). However, upon checking my account, the miles had been posted!