FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is with the United Milage Plus Service Center??
Old May 30, 2007, 7:20 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
For 1P's, the phone number is not on the back of the card. The 1P reservations line is there.

I had a screwy situation yesterday where I was redeeming an award ticket and the reservations folks couldn't find my miles. The only way to get the MP Service Center on the line was for the 1P agent to call them directly with me on the line. They did resolve my problem and issue my ticket, but it was annoying to have to invest 30 minutes on the phone to get it done. I had already invested a prior 30 minutes over the weekend getting the itin set up and put on hold - and that was after using the ANA website to figure out exactly what flights had availability so I had a very good idea of what I was asking for before I called.

No idea why the 1P agent couldn't find my miles. Literally, she quoted my account balance 120k lower than what it should have been, and I was redeeming a 120k award. Clearly the miles had been pulled for that award, but she couldn't "find" them. The MP Service Center did, and I was told that "somebody in Detroit" manually issued my ticket. Screwy.