FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is with the United Milage Plus Service Center??
Old May 30, 2007, 4:52 am
NY-FLA

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Originally Posted by PCTraveler
In any case, I've never had an issue with getting credit from *A partners, so I count myself as lucky. 30% missing credit is hard to believe.
30% denial may be hard for someone with your charmed experience to believe, but if US goes irregular, and I take alternate routings, the automatic credit works 0% of the time. I think experienced US flyers would tell you that 30% irrops is a fortunate experience with LCC.

Your issue with your first name seems to be an issue you've brought upon yourself so I can't have too much sympathy for you there. I might suggest if you are looking to credit a partner flight to UA, you remember to match the name to your MP profile.
Well, thanks, anyway, but I wasn't really in need of sympathy. Next time I'm named, I'll ensure I pick one that has no popular alternate form that's accepted by the rest of the Western business world, including UA res. (The last UA flight I booked, for sh&@s and giggles, I booked my ticket under the diminutive form of my first name and United accepted the reservation under my MP account and stored it with the different first name with nary a hiccup.) Apparently different rules apply when there is an immediate gain for UA.

Service is better as a 1k, but based on your rant below, I'm guessing won't meet your expectations.
Yeah, my standards are so incredibly high. Fly with a UA partner, and get credit for it, or in those cases where for whatever reason credit isn't timely in forthcoming, quickly fix it without making up reasons why you can't. Much too difficult for those on the bottom rungs of the recently released Consumer Reports survey.

I do appreciate the advice on the phone number, but I think it's the same as the one on the back of the 1P card. Got to talk to the "B" team on that number last night. Perhaps regular business hours will produce a CSA that is capable of a modicum of rational thought. Hope to find out today.